vCJD
    cosm0
    Tony

Croaker and Crew

Links

DamnLAN

Croaker and Crew

Elite Soldiers

QUAKE! :: View topic - making the duckpond server, a cpma server.
     Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

making the duckpond server, a cpma server.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
    CONTROcomp
    Sorlag
    Sorlag

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: making the duckpond server, a cpma server. Reply with quote

What do you think of the idea of making the duckpond, a cpma server also? ffa or anything? dont you think it would be better using the cpma mod? still be ffa, but just with cpma mod instead? do you agree that it would be better and funner? i think it would be awesome, cpma is way more customizable and the netcode is better isnt it? not many people play at the duckpond anyways, and the duel server is popular, so, alot of the people already got the cpma mod and know how to use it, same with the people who go to the duckpond, and if they dont got it, they could easily get it, and most of the people probably have enough knowledge of the game to know how to set it up, i think its a good idea, not really any downside to it, if there was tons of people going to the duckpond, then it would be different, but theres not many, and most of them should have cpma, or could get it easily...so what do you think? cpma ffa, sometimes voted cpm, fast weapon switching in ffa, wouldnt that be cool? i think it would be awesome.... if you can name any downside to it, please let me know...its a 1 time download for cpma, so, i dont think it would cause many problems.
    sittingduck
    Site Admin
    Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The San Jose server is there for people that DO NOT download stuff. That's why there are no custom maps. It's basically a vanilla server that anyone with the game and the 1.32 patch can play on. It had a LOT more traffic when it was at escaped turkey's servers because of the script they ran to keep it at the top of the in-game browser..... I may just go ahead and let it die, it's $5 a month more than the seattle server anyway.
    [dk] Member
    [dk] Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: making the duckpond server, a cpma server. Reply with quote

CONTROcomp wrote:
    What do you think of the idea of making the duckpond, a cpma server also? ffa or anything? dont you think it would be better using the cpma mod? still be ffa, but just with cpma mod instead? do you agree that it would be better and funner? i think it would be awesome, cpma is way more customizable and the netcode is better isnt it? not many people play at the duckpond anyways, and the duel server is popular, so, alot of the people already got the cpma mod and know how to use it, same with the people who go to the duckpond, and if they dont got it, they could easily get it, and most of the people probably have enough knowledge of the game to know how to set it up, i think its a good idea, not really any downside to it, if there was tons of people going to the duckpond, then it would be different, but theres not many, and most of them should have cpma, or could get it easily...so what do you think? cpma ffa, sometimes voted cpm, fast weapon switching in ffa, wouldnt that be cool? i think it would be awesome.... if you can name any downside to it, please let me know...its a 1 time download for cpma, so, i dont think it would cause many problems.

cpma ffa is a nice change. but people in the cpma community don't consider ffa a legit gameplay mode. it'll be tough to get an f1 for that. besides wasn't it you who said anyone can win in ffa?
    CONTROcomp
    Sorlag
    Sorlag

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there seems to be a good amount of people connecting to the seattle server, who have cpma , so i think it would be cool to at least try...and even though i probably said anyone can win at ffa, thats not true, its just easier to win sometimes in ffa, then it is to win 1v1, i think it would be cool, some people who have cpma, probably have it just because, and i bet they would play at the server, so i dont think all the people who have it dont like ffa, ffa would be funner anyways with cpma, wouldnt it? the LG wouldnt lag, but alright, guess its probably not gonna happen...cpma is also good for people with computers that arent that good, because its more customizable, and they can turn off a lot of the stuff so it runs better, maybe you can do the same things in baseq3, but im not sure about that, eitherway, cpma is better, also, i bet tons of the people who go to the seattle server, will play on the ffa cpma server, and go back and forth. i think its worth a shot, also if you might shut it down anyway, why not try the cpma thing, befor you shut it down, might bring more players to it? maybe?
    Croaker
    [dk] Member
    [dk] Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAYDERS IS NOW CPMA FFA CUSTOM MAPS. IT PLAYS MUCH NICER THAN OSP AND SINCE OSP ISNT SUPPORTED ANYMORE I WENT WITH IT. REMEBER IT IS FFA SO DONT TRY TO CHANGE IT TO 1V1 IF ALOT OF GUYS ARE THERE PLAYIN FFA AND THATS WHAT THEY WANT TO PLAY..IF YOU ARE THERE BY YOURSELF AND HAVE A BUD YOU WANNA 1V1 THATS FINE BUT CPMA SEATTLE IS THERE FOR 1V1.

DONT CONNECT AND CRY ABOUT IT BEING FFA IF GUYS ARE PLAYIN AND THATS WHAT THEY WANT TO PLAY..REMEMBER ITS AN FFA SERVER. IF THIS POLICY GETS ABUSED I WILL MAKE THE CONFIG SO NO OTHER MODES ARE AVAILABLE

ALOHA CROAK.
    Post new topic   Reply to topic    QUAKE! Forum Index -> Free for all All times are GMT - 7 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: